VANCOUVER, June 19, 2017 /CNW/ – Hannan Metals Limited (“Hannan” or the “Company”) (TSX.V: HAN) provides an update on drilling at the Company’s 100% owned Kilbricken Zn-Pb-Ag prospect in Ireland.
Mr. Michael Hudson, CEO and Chairman, states: “Completion of Hannan’s first drill hole is a great milestone. We look forward to receiving assays shortly. Our plan is to increase the number of drill rigs over the coming months with an aim to increase tonnes in Kilbricken’s immediate resource target area, and then move to open up the exploration front within a 5km radius targeting existing soil sampling, lithogeochemistry, geology, seismic and earlier drill anomalies.”
- />A total of 852 metres with one diamond drill rig have been drilled since early May.
- />The first diamond drill hole DH217 was completed at 714 metres. This was a 20 metre step out from drill hole DH167 which intersected 4.5m @ 0.8% Zn, 2.6% Pb, 18.91% Cu, 867.6g/t Ag from 616.5m. Mineralization in hole DH217 was intersected as anticipated from adjacent drill holes.
- />After geological, physical property and structural orientation logging, core cutting is now underway for submission of samples to an independent laboratory. Assay results are expected in 3-4 weeks.
- />The second hole, DH218 is currently at 138 metres with a target depth of 500 metres;
- />The total drill program comprises …